Fashion Week was such a whirlwind this season! Between working as NYFW contributor to both eBay’s Style Stories and Ouidad (as their curl correspondent), shooting for German TV, racing to shows across the city and updating my Instagram, busy was an understatement! This season I tried a bunch of new products mixed with old faves. Here’s what got me through the week:
1. Khirma Eliazov clutches– she is my fav handbag designer and her lux leather and croc clutches added a great accent to each of my looks. Plus, the large blue one is big enough to hold an extra pair of flats! Tried and true : )
2. Mercura sunglasses– I’ve been wearing shades by this company for the last 4 years. They fit my style so well and I am pretty much obsessed with them! Designers Rachel and Merrilee have been creating these couture shades for decades and they are geniuses. The mirrored monkey frames were a huge hit this season, making it all the way to vogue.com! (#13).
3. Jewelry- my So Cool earcuff was a big favorite of mine this season. I loved wearing it with my short hair looks. I love my Fossil watch, it’s simple and sleek. I wore these 3 gold rings (2 are from H&M) together for 1 of my looks and the result was awesome.
4. Kate Spade card case– Working in the fashion industry as a stylist and writer, NYFW is a huge opportunity to network. Gotta have my business cards handy and this card case from Kate Spade keeps everything organized.
5. Makeup/Beauty– I am obsessed with Revlon 24 hr Colorstay in Cappaccino. It literally stays on all day even with my oily skin! I wore it for the days I taped with German TV’s Exclusiv and it looked flawless! When I got home from a long day of shows, they’d be no need to touch up when getting ready for an after party. Definitely a fan!
CoverGirl Queen Lash Fanatic volume mascara in Very Black: this was in a gift bag and I used it when my usual staple, CoverGirl Lash Blast ran out. So glad I did! The little bristles reach my short, curly lashes, extending them their full fab potential!
6. Skincare– Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Body Butter: Super moisturizing and smells so good! Got this at a blogger breakfast and it’s been working wonders on my skin since.
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: this is an old fav that helps to get the grit out of my ski after a long day (or the morning after I forgot to wash my makeup off! eek!)
Check out this super cute NYFW Essentials guide I created for Ouidad’s Blog! NEED MJ’s lipgloss : )